Friday, June 10, 2005

"Blogshares"? Uh oh...

Yesterday I was cruising around and I ran across this "Blogshares" site; I wasn't sure what it was right away, but I thought it looked interesting so I start looking around...it's a game, like playing in the stockmarket...you get $500 blogdollars and off you go, buying and selling blogshares for fun and virtual profit. Cool.

So I decide to sign up...but it tells me "The Pulpit Pounder" is already in the market, which ticked me off until I realized they keep 1000 shares reserved for the "real owner" in case he ever shows up. So I claim my 1000 shares and try to figure out what to do next.

You get 20 trades a day for free, so I figure I'm golden...no way I'll ever make 20 trades in a day...I see Right Decisions is listed, so I spend my whole $500 on 86 shares of Right Decisions, and I leave for awhile...

Right Decisions is going up...in fact, I can sell my 86 shares for 1000% profit...so I sell...then I buy Flight Pundit, TMH's Bacon Bits, Vote Churchill and Angry Republican Mom--several times, and now I'm up to 15 trades...and I'm hooked like a large-mouth bass... by this morning I hit the 20-trade wall and have to upgrade...

And there's only about a zillion things I haven't figured out yet in the game...ideas, artifacts, karma, .... hopefully I'll get bored in a week or so...

"Stop The ACLU" Blogbursters

Your Political Profile

Overall: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
Social Issues: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
Personal Responsibility: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
Fiscal Issues: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
Ethics: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
Defense and Crime: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
How Liberal / Conservative Are You?
HTML Now!