Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Americans Are Too Rude!

If you're sick of talking to people you can't understand on the phone, let it be known that they are also sick of talking to you...Over at Think Bacon, they are reporting that Indian call center workers are increasingly stressed out by having to deal with rude Americans.

In fact, the Observer reports that counselors and psychiatrists have to be employed in the call ceters to help with the stress of talking to us uglo-Americans. "Pooja Chopra, 29, from Delhi, who spent two years fielding calls for BT Cellnet and America Online, faced similar abuse. 'People would say, "You're a Paki, I don't want to talk to you, pass me to someone who can speak my language."'"

Hostility from "clients" ("clients" appears to include victims of unsolicited sales calls) is a major contributing factor to employee turnover.

I'm sorry, but I can't feel too awfully sorry for these folks...I am nice enough to just gently hang up the phone in the middle of their spiel, and I would never call anybody a name, but I don't think it's too much to ask that, if you are going to hire people to call me on the phone, or hire people to help me with a problem on warrantied merchandise you sold me, they should be intelligible.

"Stop The ACLU" Blogbursters

Your Political Profile

Overall: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
Social Issues: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
Personal Responsibility: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
Fiscal Issues: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
Ethics: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
Defense and Crime: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
How Liberal / Conservative Are You?
HTML Now!