Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Mother's Day----Aauughhhh!!!

I just realized that it has crept up on me unawares--Mother's Day is HERE!! Aauuggghhhh! Now, unlike most men, my panic attack is not based on whether my Vermont Teddy Bear will get here in time. Noooooo...my panic attack is caused by the fact that on Sunday I am expected to come up with another Mother's Day sermon...has anyone ever considered moving Mother's Day to Wednesday every so often? That way, I could sort of let it slide under the radar...no? In the past I have occasionally tried not preaching a Mother's Day sermon, with the result that I get several rather cold stares from some moms, and the comment, "Well that was an interesting topic for Mother's Day--hmph!"

Don't get me wrong, I have the greatest respect for mothers and motherhood, I loved my mom, my grandmas, and I love the mother of my children...I just find sifting through the Bible for the "right" Mother's Day sermon stressful...actually, it is even worse than that...I can come up with the sermon, it's the saccharine anecdotes that stump me...and how many acronyms are there for M-O-T-H-E-R? ("M" is for the way she slapped me in the MOUTH when I got out of line, "O"...)

The good news is, this is my first Mother's Day at my new church (I just moved here from Western New York), so at least I don't have to worry about being too repetitive this year, getting the same cold stares from some moms and the comment, "Well, that sounded just like last year's Mother's Day message--hmph!"

"Stop The ACLU" Blogbursters

Your Political Profile

Overall: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
Social Issues: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
Personal Responsibility: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
Fiscal Issues: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
Ethics: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
Defense and Crime: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
How Liberal / Conservative Are You?
HTML Now!